Parents will be informed and reassured by the practical information, proven techniques, and expert advice offered in this thoroughly revised and updated edition. Toilet training is an important developmental milestone for children, and it also can be one of the greatest challenges for parents. Not all children are ready at the same age, and they often respond differently to various training methods. With conflicting advice from friends, relatives, and the media, parents can quickly become confused and frustrated.
Guide to Toilet Training is a complete guide to every phase of the toilet-training process, and walks parents through
- An overview of various approaches
- Recognizing when to start toilet training
- How to choose and install a potty
- Positive ways to handle the inevitable accidents
- What to do when a child resists
- Practical advice for common problems such as refusal and constipation
- Toilet training for children with special needs
- Special tips for boys, girls, and even twins
- When medication might be needed
- The latest on prescription options
- And much more!
- ISBN-13: 978-1-61002-062-6
- Product Code: CB0099
- Publication Date: September 16, 2016
- Format: Paperback
- Pages: 224
- Publisher: American Academy of Pediatrics
Editor In Chief: Mark Wolraich, MD, FAAP
Mark Wolraich, MD, is the CMRI/Shaun Walters Professor of Pediatrics, Chief of the Section on Developmental and Behavioral Pediatrics, and the Director of the Child Study Center at the University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center. He has been active in both the American Academy of Pediatrics and the Society for Developmental and Behavioral Pediatrics where he is a past president.
Publisher: American Academy of Pediatrics
The American Academy of Pediatrics is an organization of 66,000 primary care pediatricians, pediatric medical subspecialists and pediatric surgical specialists dedicated to the health, safety and well-being of infants, children, adolescents and young adults. The AAP is the largest pediatric publisher in the world, with a diverse list of resources that includes essential clinical and practice management titles and award-winning books for parents.